Monday, August 23, 2010

Reflection on Learning Style

Learning styles refer to the ways you prefer to approach new information. Each of us learns and processes information in our own special ways, though we share some learning patterns, preferences, and approaches.




       My Primary Learning Style is Visual.




              When I answered questionnaire to assess my preferred learning style. I found out that I have a visual learning style. I answered it with description that applies to me. My answers include: When I visualize I see vivid, detailed pictures in my thoughts. When I relax I watch TV, see a play, visit an exhibit, or go to a movie. When I spell, I envision the word in my mind or imagine what the word looks like when written. When I do something new, I seek out demonstrations, pictures, or diagrams. When I assemble an object, I look at the picture first and then, maybe, read the directions. And when I interpret someone's mood, I examine  facial expressions.

                Now that I know my learning style, I will improve my skills to facilitate my French language learning. I will be attentive to the visual illustrations in the Alterego French Lessons and be able to learn more. I will visualize vividly the detailed pictures in my thought and be able to organize it. As I read the lessons, I will associate the familiar terms  to what I learned before and look for the unknown terms in the dictionary. I hope I can improve my learning style as I continue to study French 10&11.




1 comment:

  1. Salut Sheila,

    It's good that you have already taken the test to learn your learning style. :)

    How will you use this to maximize/improve/facilitate your French language learning?

    Cordialement,
    Zarah

    ReplyDelete